Accessing the 2022 Question Database for Acts
The question database for Acts 2022-2023 is live and ready to be used!
The first file is the local set, which can be accessed by anyone running quiz practices, so it doesn't need to be protected. The second file is the CQLT-provided district set, which should only be accessed by district coordinators. If you are a district coordinator and do not have the password to access the database, please email the CQLT at email@example.com
The local set contains 50% of the questions in the overall set. The district set contains those same 50% plus an additional 25% for a total of 75% of the overall set. Held back (i.e. not included in this spreadsheet) are 25% more questions which will be used at IBQ.
The question sets have been distributed to Bible Quiz Shop, CBQZ, and Acme for use in their quiz generation programs.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.
And That's A Wrap!
The 2021-2022 Bible Quizzing has officially ended and soon (or even already) quizzers and coaches will be getting into the details of the 2022-2023 season as we begin to study Acts. But with a new season comes a ton of updates and even more innovative ideas. One of these ideas is this blog page! But more on that later.
IBQ 2022 was a wonderful week with tons of fellowship time after the quizzes each night during our social times. Between spikeball tournaments in hot pink sweatpants to heading to Valleyfair Amusement Park, the quizzers (and coaches) made many lifetime memories each night. One student brought a drone and was able to get some aerial footage and pictures of the participants and I am looking forward to seeing his finished work. The quizzers also enjoyed playing a game that I have never seen before called Donut Baseball. They would ask each other questions from the material and correct answers would earn the quizzer a right to try and catch a donut hole in their mouth tossed from the pitcher.
In the end we Central, WPA, and PNW in the championship quizzes with Central taking two firsts back-to-back. The quizzing was great and the other two districts gave them a good challenge, but Central’s team kept great focus and just did what they have been practicing. This year’s quizzer of Excellence Award was given to a quizzer from ECD. Matthieu was a great quizzer both stat wise, but also in his sportsmanship. He always thanked all the officials in every room after every quiz and was always encouraging to any quizzer around him. The placement awards are always fun to hand out, but the Quizzer and Coaches of Excellence awards are the ones I look forward to the most.
CQLT Updates 2022
This year Josh Jetto who was willing to let his name stand for another term and Nick Furlan from ECD will be joining the CQLT for the 2022/2023 - 2025/2026 term. With only two eligible nominees, the election this year was canceled, and an appointment was made instead.
It is never too early to start talking about the next election for the CQLT. If you are someone you know might be interested in joining the CQLT at the end of the 2023 IBQ tournament, please start those dialogs now instead of later.
Scott Wakeley, Alliance Youth Director, has been working hard on creating a comprehensive update on our finances. You can view his report and update by clicking the button below.
Official Rule Book: 2022 Version
The rule book committee presented the CQLT with several proposed changes to the rule book. The CQLT voted to accept these proposals and merge them into the official rule book effective July 23, 2022.
These changes include mostly grammatical changes, but it is best to read the full list of changes by clicking the button below.
This is just the beginning! We are looking forward to sharing with you some of our new ideas to help districts grow their programs and to help develop leaders. Be on the lookout for emails and new blog posts as we roll out these new initiatives!